We exist to aid the responsibility & fulfil the joy that pets bring to pet parents by bringing to market unique, innovative & where possible natural products, solutions & services. Our values underpin our motivation and our empowered & engaged team provide excellent customer care and frictionless service as we manufacture market, distribute & sell pet products worldwide. If you think you could bring something to our exciting business, please email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
Frogmill, nr Maidenhead, Berkshire – Full Time
Business Development, North America, UK & European Sales
Salary Range: Upon Request
Location: Office based situated near Maidenhead
Attention: Carina Evans
We exist to aid the responsibility & fulfil the joy that pets bring to pet parents by bringing to market unique, innovative & where possible natural products, solutions & services. Our values underpin our motivation and our empowered & engaged team provide excellent customer care and frictionless service as we manufacture market, distribute & sell pet products worldwide.
Role and Objectives:
Business Development, North America, UK & European Sales, working alongside the managing director with the responsibility to grow revenue from a designated set of leads, pipeline contacts and key accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Management of new prospects and dedicated accounts within account development guidelines
- Management of assigned key accounts, pipeline and new prospects
- Development of business within assigned accounts, the general customer base and through identified and agreed opportunities
The role is office based requiring some travel to customer premises and trade fairs.
Job & Person Specification
- Management of designated key accounts and assisting with account development plans
- Management of pipeline leads & their conversion to accounts
- Identifying business opportunities
- Identifying gap closing actions
- Suggesting and assisting with the preparation of promotional campaigns
- Liaising with marketing to ensure that sales and customer collateral are available in a timely manner (copy, photographs, images etc.)
- Assist in the preparation, production and implementation of sales strategies, promotions, rep incentive plans and other strategies.
- Attend trade shows in the UK & Europe.
- Liaising with sales administration and logistics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of customer orders
- Resolving customer issues, problems or concerns
- Ensuring that cash is received within payment terms
- Work with Marketing & PR Manager to manage, maintain and improve the sales routes to market, using them to increase brand awareness across our territories and monitor any competitor activity – always being understanding of and one step ahead of competition.
Budgeting & Reviews:
- Work with the MD assisting with the preparing sales budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the provision of management information (pipeline metrics, KPIs etc.) for review & analysis
- Assist in the appraisal of monthly and quarterly performance of account and pipeline base & if necessary suggest a revised forecast
- Reporting weekly activity, metrics and KPIs
- Monitoring invoicing and accounts receivable
- Maintain accurate and up to date pipelines and other data collection
- Maintaining accurate customer records
- Recording of travel and expenses
Job & Person Specification
- Assist in the delivery of revenue growth and targeted GP
- Assist in the timely preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Communication of customer requirements and expectations
Assist in the development and timely reporting of key performance indicators and pipeline activity e.g. Customer based & net promoter score.
A leader through influence with specialism expertise required to support the company’s ambitious growth targets:
- Proven sales experience and analytic capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent record keeping and personal administration
- Competent in MS Office software packages incl. excel and PowerPoint
Company Values: Able to demonstrate a good fit with the company values
- Honesty, integrity and respect
- Speed of thought
- Sparky and energetic
- Problem solving / solution finding
- Always learning & remaining aware of & 1 step ahead of the competition
- Strong work ethic
Job & Person Specification
Skills Qualifications Required:
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of and be able to demonstrate Sales success
- Good written & spoken communication skills in the English language
- Be technically savvy with strong experience in the Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as a basic requirement with experience in other software packages such as Sales Force, Infusionsoft, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign as a bonus.
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Have a passport & be able & willing to travel internationally
- Have experience of diligent record keeping
A good understanding of a second language would be an advantage.
Reports to: MD
- MD, H.O Marketing and Marketing assistant, Sales & Administration assistant
- Assigned customers
Manager of: No direct reports
Operations, Logistics & Forecasting Manager
Hurley, nr Maidenhead, Berkshire – Full Time
The role is to oversee the entire logistics and operations functions of a growing company. Encompassing:
- Forecasting of demand and placement of purchase orders for multiple products in multiple geographies,
- Directing inbound stock to the appropriate warehousing,
- Managing the storage, pick, pack and dispatch of customer orders
- Administration associated with customer orders in multiple geographies